- Broken but beautiful
A short and biased history of the internet.
- Setapp - worth it? Initial thoughts.
Initial thoughts from a long-time Mac user, first-time Setapp user
- When hiring an agency
How to hire an agency that will give you success
- One Year Young
Celebrating the anniversary of my company
- Reduce Motion in Background Videos
A simple fix for quick moving background videos.
- Setapp - One Month In
A continuation in my series on Setapp
- Implementing Dark Mode from the Beginning
How I tackled adding dark mode to my site
- Moment.js Without the Dependencies
Building easily understood dates without a library
A short list of a few different ways to iterate in JS.
- NEJSConf — 2019!
My notes from the last event from this great industry conference.
- My Experience with RSIs
My history with RSIs.
- Leveling Up with BetterTouchTool
The start of a new series on working smarter, not harder.
- Creating Worry-Free Keyboard Shortcuts with the “Hyper” Key
Continuind my series on keyboard shortcuts.
- Killing Cmd-Tab. Your Path to Better Application Switching
Continuing my series on BTT.
- Getting (back!) into RSS
Benefits and trials with an old friend.
- You Are Being Tracked
Testing out a new privacy-conscious traffic tracker.
- Hand Coding a Line Spirograph
A fun little experiment using SVG and CSS.
Contributing to the CSS4 drama!
- Switching to an Ergonomic Colemak Keyboard
Answers to the questions I had before I switched.
- Own Your Own Feedbin Data with 11ty
Learning how to effectively use an API with 11ty.
- Making a Real Bonafide Plugin for 11ty
My adventures in the land of 11ty plugins, Feedbin, and NPM.
- A Superior Git Remote
A better way to manage multiple remotes in Git.
- Creating a Raspberry Pi NAS
My adventure in creating my own NAS on a budget.
- Filtering Out Politics in Feedbin
How to control what you see in your RSS reader.
- Finding and Fixing Broken Links with BLC
A small tutorial on how to maintain the all-so-important links on your websites.
- Six HTML5 Elements I Should Use More
An investigation into the lesser-known corners of HTML5.
- Adding a Changelog to My 11ty Blog
My quest to cheapen a brilliant idea
- Killing Ctrl-Tab: Better App Switching on Linux
Improving life on Linux.
- Advanced Window Management in Linux
My exploration of the awesome window manager.
- How to fix Screen Tearing in Linux
My slightly frustrating experience with Nvidia GPUs.
- How to Fix Broken RSS Feeds
Dealing with the frustration of partial (or no) RSS feeds.
- I’m done with LocalWP
My experiments with WordPress dev environments.
- How Apple Broke my Heart
I used to love Apple. Now I loathe them. Here’s why.
- BIG updates to my uses page
How my tools have changed since switching to Linux.
- Keeping up a writing habit
My new system for creating more than I ever thought possible.
- Looking into Linux Phones
Are they useable in 2022?
- Stop Using the Padding Hack
Adapting to new CSS principles in 2022.
- My Favorite Thing about Obsidian
How and why Obsidian has revolutionized my life in the last year.
- Cleaning Up Consumption
How I started creating and learning ten times more than ever before.
- The Best Way to Install Apps on Linux
Installing apps on Linux can be unnecessarily difficult. Here’s how to make it easy!
- The Many Faces of Obsidian
How Obsidian has become my personal operating system, and increased my productivity ten times.
- Breaking my Keyboard: A lesson in moving too fast
The tale of how I destroyed my beloved mechanical keyboard.
- Google Analytics is Dead
How Google is killing their flagship product, and what you can do about it.
- Fixing my Keyboard
The Thrilling Conclusion to Part 1: Breaking my Keyboard
- The Five Golden Rules of Coffee Brewing
How to make a great cup of coffee at home.
- Math is Fast Counting
Should we all go back to math class?
- Adventures in Phoneland - the LightPhone
The beginning of my journey to find a better phone.
- On CSS and Codeblocks
PSA: Do NOT display: block your codeblocks.
Welcome to the archive! Below you can see a list of all longer-form posts I've written on this site.